Haucourt Tower, locally known as Tour de l'ancien château d'Haucourt, lies in the village of Haucourt-en-Cambrésis in the Nord department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region in France.
The village of Haucourt was already mentioned in 1087. Probably somewhere during the 12th century a castle was built at the highest point in the village. It possessed several round towers and buildings around a courtyard.
In 1850, when a subterranean room was discovered in Haucourt Castle, it belonged to Mr. Lanthier, the village mayor. Shortly afterwards the castle was acquired by the Order of Camillians who used it as a summer retreat. In 1945 it was bought by the Basquin family. Lack of maintenance caused the castle to fall into ruin and eventually the castle was demolished with a bulldozer...
At present the only remaining part of the medieval Haucourt Castle is a single D-shaped tower, which looks like it is used as a shed.
The remaining Haucourt Tower stands on private farmland and can thus not be visited. It can however be viewed easily from the public road. A beautiful tower. Esnes Castle is nearby.