Villequier-Aumont Castle, locally known as Château de Villequier-Aumont, lies in the center of the village of Villequier-Aumont in the Aisne department in the Picardy region in France.
The present castle was preceded by 2 earlier medieval castles. The first mention of a castle in this village, then known as Genlis, was in the 12th century. These feudal castles were situated more to the north of the present site. The last of these predecessors was detroyed during the French Revolution at the end of the 18th century.
The present castle was built in 1805 by Constance, Agîsé and Henriette d'Aumont; daughters of the Marshal of d'Aumont, who had been the owner of the last predecessor at the time of its destruction. The sisters Constance and Agîsé married two brothers, who where Counts of Saint-Aldegonde. Their descendants still own the castle. In 1885 the castle was described as one of the nicest properties in the area around Chauny; incorporating a vast park with beautiful waterworks, flowerbeds, groves and fishing ponds.
In 1917 the castle was destroyed with dynamite by the retreating German army. After that it remained a ruin. The ruin was again damaged during the Second World War.
At present the ruin of Villequier-Aumont Castle is private property. It can not be visited but can be easily viewed from the public road. A nice ruin in a quiet village.