Victoire Tower, locally known as Tour Victoire, lies on the left bank of river Meuse in the center of the town of Givet, in the Ardennes department in France.
Victoire Tower was a corner tower of the seigneurial manor that once occupied the south west corner of the old fortified town of Givet. Its lower part, in blue stone, dates back to the 13th/14th century. Its upper part in red bricks, dates back to the 15th/16th century.
It served as a toll tower for river traffic and sometimes as a prison for the town.
It is named Tour Victoire, literally Victory Tower, after the victorious conquest of the city of Namur by Louis XIV of France in 1692.
Victoire Tower can freely be visited. Only its interior is not accessible. A nice simple tower in a pleasant little town. Grégoire Tower, on the opposite river bank, Fort Charlemont and Fort Condé are nearby.