Vascœuil Castle, locally known as Château de Vascœuil or Château de La Forestière, lies north of the village with the same name, in the Eure department in the Upper Normandy region in France.
In 1080, the domain of Vascœuil was part of the fief of Saint-Denis-le-Thiboult and its lord was Gilbert de Vascœuil. Later is passed to the powerful La Haye family until 1505 when they sold it to Guillaume Le Gras, a merchant from Rouen.
Later it belonged to the Duchy of Longueville, until 1694. At that time, the last duke died without issue, and the King of France took possession of his lands.
In the 19th century Vascœuil Castle was owned by a MA. Dumesnil. His father-in-law was the historian Jules Michelet, who visited the castle repeatedly and who had a study in the small room in the top of the tower.
The present castle dates back to the 15th and 17th century. The octagonal tower dates back to the 14th century and was part of a fortified mansion.
At present the castle is used as a small art museum. It can be visited for a fee. Not a very spectacular castle.