Streversdorp Castle, locally known as Château de Graaf or Burg Streversdorp, lies south west of the village of Montzen, in the province of Liège in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Streversdorp Castle was built during the 13th century by the noble Triversdorp family. Their castle consisted of a simple rectangular keep, which can now be seen in the middle of the eastern walls.
Between 1520 and 1830, the castle was owned by the Van der Heyden Belderbusch family. During the 15th and 16th centuries Streversdorp Castle was enlarged; new wings, around a small courtyard, with corner towers were added to the already existing keep. This gave the castle its, more or less, square ground plan.
During the 18th century, a member of the Van der Heyden Belderbusch family was made a count by Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor, for rendered services. The German translation for the title of 'Count' is 'Graf', hence the other name of the castle.
In the 20th century Streversdorp Castle had fallen into disrepair, which caused the collapse of the south western round corner tower in 1965. At the end of the 1980's the castle was bought by a community of owners. They rebuilt the tower and still reside in the castle.
In 2005 a large part of the roof was destroyed by a fire. This damage has still only been partially repaired.
At present Streversdorp Castle is privately inhabited and can not be visited.
A nice rural castle, too bad it can't be visited.