Schaloen Castle, locally known as Kasteel Schaloen of Chaloen, lies west of the village of Schin op Geul, in the province of Limburg in the Netherlands.
It is situated within viewing distance of Genhoes Castle.
The castle was first mentioned in 1375 and in 1381 it is noted that it was partly owned by the knights Johan Struver van Hoelsbergh (or Hulsberg) and Geraerdt Mulaerdt. In 1400 Johan became the full owner and the castle stayed within his family for the next one and a half century.
In 1574 the castle was occupied by Louis of Nassau. A year later the castle was destroyed by Spanish troops. In 1650 the ruined castle came in the hands of Johan Reinier Hoen van Cartiels, who rebuilt it. Only the east facade now shows some late-Gothic elements. The present castle is built out of marl.
In the beginning of the 18th century the bailey with its gate building was built and used for farming.
Through marriage the castle came in possession of the De Villers Masbourg-family. In 1894 the castle was restored, in a neo-Gothic style, by the famous Dutch architect dr. PHJ. Cuypers who also built the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and rebuilt De Haar Castle. The last owner of noble descent; a countess, left the castle in 1934.
In later years is has been used as a school and stood empty for a lot of years. But at present it is used as a private house, holiday houses and a hotel. There is a restaurant in the gate building on the bailey. The entire complex is moated.