San Juan Castle
San Juan Castle, locally known as Castillo de San Juan, lies on a hill next to the town of San Juan de los Terreros, in the province of Almería in Spain. It is also known as Castillo de San Juan de los Terreros to distinguish it from its namesake Castillo de San Juan de los Águilas, some 10 kilometers to the north in Murcia.
San Juan Castle was built between 1760 and 1764, during the reign of Charles III of Spain, as a horseshoe-shaped artillery fort for coastal defense. Its initial design by Thomas de Warluzel d'Hostel, was later modified, improved and finalized in 1764 by Antonio Duce Oliveros.
It seemed like it was rebuilt in the last decades and now houses a small museum.
At present San Juan Castle can be visited for a fee. A nice little castle on a location with great views.