Rolley Castle, locally known as Château de Rolley, lies in the hamlet of the same name, north of the city of Bastogne, in the province of Luxembourg in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Although Rolley Castle was first mentioned in the 13th century, it was probably first built in the 11th century. It was owned by the Lords of Boulland (or Bollands). In September 1475 Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, visited Rolley Castle.
The Boulland family remained owners of the castle until 1578. After that it passed through the hands of several other families through the female line. In the early 18th century, around 1733, the castle was largely rebuilt.
In 1752 the castle finally went to a family completely unrelated to the Boullands. In the early 1900's the Maus family acquired the castle. They still own the castle.
During WW II the occupants of Rolley Castle took in and hid first British and then American airmen before helping them back to safety across allied lines. In 1944 the castle became the Headquarters of the American Army and several senior US Army officers met here in December 1944, among them General Patton.
At present Rolley Castle is used as holiday apartments and can be visited as a guest.
A nice rural castle.