Rivieren Castle, locally known as Kasteel Rivieren, lies north of the village of Voerendaal, in the province of Limburg in the Netherlands.
The first castle at this site was built around 1364 in the valley of the Retersbeek stream, by a member of a family either called Tervieren or Van der Vyeren. During the second half of the 15th century the castle was owned by the Van Cosselaer family.
The present Rivieren Castle was built in the first half of the 16th century by Caspar van Huyn.
Its an oblong manor in late Gothic style built out of marl, with a high saddle roof between steep gables. Originally the building had another corner tower on its west side, but this one has disappeared in the course of time. Although the segmented bay where it would have connected with the main building is clearly visible.
The castle farm on the bailey is U-shaped and has two rectangular gate towers at its ends. The northern one is still in use as a gate tower and dates back to the 16th century. The farm itself was built in the 17th century.
In the 18th century the castle was owned by German families; the Von Schricks from Aachen and the Brewer genannt Fürth. In 1885 the castle was inherited by the Count de Marchant et d'Ansembourg.
During WW II the castle suffered war damage. It also has been used as a youth hostel. The castle is now private property but stands empty. The farm however is being inhabited.