Raeren Tower, locally known as Haus Raeren, lies in the town of the same name, just a couple of hundred meters far from Raeren Castle, in the Liège province in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Raeren Tower was built in the early 15th century as a rectangular moated tower house. In the beginning it was the main seat of a fief which included Raeren Castle. At a later date Raeren Castle separated itself to become a neighboring fief.
From 1473 until 1679 Raeren Tower was owned by the Schwartzenberg family. Then it went to the Bertolf de Belven family through marriage. It changed hands several times again until 1776 when it was bought again by a member of the Schwartzenberg family. This time they kept it until 1841 when it was sold again. Several owners followed each other until 1917, when it was bought by the Blank family.
During the 18th century Raeren Tower underwent several modifications; the old small rectangular windows were replaced by the present segmental arched windows and the original wooden drawbridge was replaced by a double arched stone bridge.
At present Raeren Tower is privately inhabited and can not be visited. Must be a cool house.