Prüm Castle, locally known as Prümerburg, lies above the village of Prümzurlay, south of the city of Bitburg in the Rhineland-Palatinate region in Germany.
Prüm Castle was probably built in the 12th century by a paladin of Charlemagne; Matfried. The castle was first mentioned in 1337. In 1658 the castle was burnt down during the Dutch-French War. It has been a ruin since.
What we see today are the consolidated remains of the 12th/13th century pentagonal keep, a 15th/16th century palace facade and a cellar. The ruins are freely accessible.