Pliego Castle, locally known as Castillo de Pliego, lies above the town of the same name, in the province of Murcia in Spain.
Pliego Castle in the late 12th century, by the Moors, to protect the settlement of La Mota beneath it. Maybe that the remains of Las Paleras Castle are actually the remains of that settlement.
After a treaty in 1243, the area was turned over by the Moors to the Kingdom of Castile, who then controlled the Moorish population of La Mota.
In the early 14th century Pliego Castle became a military outpost of the Order of Santiago and a warden was appointed. In the early 16th century the castle was abandoned and fell into ruin.
Pliego Castle was built out of rammed earth. It had an almost quadrangular ground plan and was equipped with 6 flanking towers, a keep and a cistern.
At present the ruin of Pliego Castle is freely accessible. It's not a very spectacular castle but nice to visit when you are in the area.