Ormeignies Castle, locally known as Château d'Ormeignies, lies in a field in the village of the same name, in the province of Hainaut in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Ormeignies Castle was a manor built in the mid-19th century by Edouard de Rouillé. It was built after the original manor of the Rouillé family, dating back to at least the 18th century, burned down some years before. The original manor had been the home of Edouard's mother Angélique de Rouillé, a noble woman known for her literary correspondence, who had died there in 1840. This original manor was situated some 75 meters to the east. Nothing of it remains today.
The Ormeignies Castle built by Edouard didn't last long however; it also fell prey to fire in 1866. It was quickly rebuilt, on a larger scale, by his son Adhémar de Rouillé, designed by the architect Désiré Limbourg in a neoclassical style.
This last Ormeignies Castle and its domain were sold in 1934 and dismantled soon afterwards. At present all that remains is a side wall with a staircase.
The ruin is situated on a private field, but it can easily be seen from the public road. A nice ruin.