Mheer Castle, locally known as Kasteel van Mheer, lies in the village of the same name, in the province of Limburg in the Netherlands.
A 'stone house' at this site was first mentioned in 1314. It was probably built long before that, because the Lords of Mheer were already mentioned around 1100. In the 14th century the castle went to the Van Imstenraedt family through marriage. The castle stayed in this family until 1668, then it went to the De Loë family. They still own the castle.
Mheer Castle is situated against the slope of a hill and thus has a dry moat. From the original 14th century castle only wall fragments remain. This original castle probably consisted of three wings surrounding a courtyard with the fourth side closed by a curtain wall.
The present castle was rebuilt, with the use of original wall fragments, on the medieval foundations in the 17th century. Also in later centuries, up until the 20th century, a lot of rebuilding took place.
The present bailey dates back to the 16th and 17th century.