Landreville Castle, locally known as Château de Landreville, lies south of the village of Bayonville, in the Ardennes department in France.
Although the fief of Landreville was already mentioned in the 12th century, Landreville Castle itself was built in the 14th century. It was built as a fortified manor with a square groundplan flanked by 4 circular corner towers, circled by a moat.
During the passing of centuries Landreville Castle was lived in by a lot of different families; the Landreville, Issenart, Grandpré, Chennery, Beauvais, Maillart and Meixmorons.
In 1552 the castle was occupied by the troops of Charles V, the Holy Roman Emperor. During that occupation its interior was gutted by fire. In 1567 it was restored to its present appearance by Pierre de Maillart, Baron of Landres. In 1570 the restoration was completed and he moved into the castle with his wife, Guillemette de Beauvais.
At present Landreville Castle is used as a luxury bed-and-breakfast. A very nice rural castle.