Kamegg Castle, locally known as Burg Kamegg, lies in the village of the same name, south of the city of Horn in the province of Lower Austria in Austria.
Kamegg Castle was first mentioned in 1150 as property of the Lords of Chambecha. From 1350 it was owned by the Lords of Kamegg-Kaja. In 1620 the ownership of Kamegg Castle was addad to that of the nearby Rosenburg Castle. From then on the castle fell to ruin. The castle chapel was in use until 1786.
The castle is now a small ruin on a hill overlooking the village. There is a 5 meter deep, dry moat which separates it from the rest of the hill. The ruin consists of remnants of the keep, the defensive wall with a gate and some walls of a residential building.
This is a nice little ruin that offers great views over the Kamp valley with downstream Gars am Kamp Castle within sighting distance. It's freely accessible.