Hülsede Castle, locally known as Wasserschloss Hülsede, lies in the village with the same name, south of the town of Lauenau in the Lower Saxony region in Germany.
Hülsede Castle was first mentioned in 1310 when it was lend to the Von Rottorp family. During the 16th century the castle was strengthened from a simple stone keep to a castle with curtain walls, four corner towers and two moats.
In 1584 the castle went to the Von Mengersen family. Around 1600 they renovated the castle and gave it an appearance in the style of the Late Renaissance. Also farmbuildings are added to the bailey. At present the castle is still owned by a female descendant of the Von Mengersen family. Since 1979 the castle is intensively restored.
The castle can not be visited as it is still home to its owners. It is just a nice simple rural castle.