Haibach Castle

Haibach Castle, locally known as Burgruine Haibach, lies next to the village of the same name, in the Bavaria region in Germany.

Haibach Castle was first mentioned around 1100, probably shortly after it was built. It was the seat of the Knights of Haybecken, later Haibeck/Haibach, who were ministeriales of the Counts of Bogen. They kept ownership of the castle until 1494. In 1515 it passed to the noble Notthafft family.

In 1633/34, during the Thirty Years' War, the castle was destroyed by Swedish troops. It was rebuilt and in 1691 passed to the Ossinger family. In 1816 it was bought by the Leoprechting family, who would be the last noble owners of the castle.

By 1845 Haibach had passed to the Bavarian State, who then sold it to a local farmer. After that the castle quickly fell to ruin.

At present Haibach Castle can freely be visited. There is a small agricultural museum in the castle barn. A friendly small ruin.


Gallery

Haibach Castle

Haibach Castle, locally known as Burgruine Haibach, lies next to the village of the same name, in the Bavaria region in Germany.

Haibach Castle was first mentioned around 1100, probably shortly after it was built. It was the seat of the Knights of Haybecken, later Haibeck/Haibach, who were ministeriales of the Counts of Bogen. They kept ownership of the castle until 1494. In 1515 it passed to the noble Notthafft family.

In 1633/34, during the Thirty Years' War, the castle was destroyed by Swedish troops. It was rebuilt and in 1691 passed to the Ossinger family. In 1816 it was bought by the Leoprechting family, who would be the last noble owners of the castle.

By 1845 Haibach had passed to the Bavarian State, who then sold it to a local farmer. After that the castle quickly fell to ruin.

At present Haibach Castle can freely be visited. There is a small agricultural museum in the castle barn. A friendly small ruin.


Gallery