Grégoire Tower, locally known as Tour Grégoire, lies on a rocky ridge next to the town of Givet, in the Ardennes department in France.
Grégroire Tower was probably built in the 11th century on a spur of the Haurs mountain on the right bank of the river Meuse. It served as a watch tower, monitoring commercial, road and river traffic. Due to its elevated position it also monitored long distance approaches from Belgium. Occasionally it also served as a prison.
It was restored in 1851 and later in 1930 and 1945. It has a curious appearance with its flattened facade on the riverside.
Grégoire Tower can freely be visited. Only its interior is not accessible. A very nice and curious tower in a pleasant little town. Victoire Tower, Fort Charlemont and Fort Condé are nearby on the opposite river bank.