Glaadt Castle, locally known as Burgruine Glaadt or Schloss Jünkerath, lies in the village of Jünkerath, in the Rhineland-Palatinate region in Germany.
Glaadt Castle was built in the early 17th century by Arnold, Count of Jünkerath. The castle had a medieval predecessor, now disappeared, at another location. The 17th century castle was more like a moated residential castle, situated in the lowest part of the valley almost next to the river Kyll. The castle had so many rooms that several were rented out to notables.
Between 1726 and 1735 Glaadt Castle was rebuilt by Count Franz Georg. The rebuilding took place under bad relations between the owner and the builders, so much so that a court case was filed which the builders lost. In 1737 the castle caught fire. The cause of this fire could be lightning, bad use of a fireplace or even arson. After that the castle was ruined and never rebuilt.
In 1967 plans were made to tear down the ruins. A citizens' initiative prevented this and in the 1980's the ruins were consolidated.
At present the ruins of Glaadt Castle are freely accessible. A nice but rather empty ruin.