Froidcour Castle is situated between the villages of Stoumont and La Gleize, west of the town of Malmedy, in the province of Liêge in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
The first castle at this site was built in medieval times to guard the valley of the Amblève river. Around 1600 it was replaced by another called Chateau de Salm. This one was demolished at the beginning of the 20th century.
So Froidcour Castle may have a medieval appearrance, but looks can be deceptive. In fact the castle was built, in a neo-medieval style, between 1912 and 1919 by the Esquire Charles-Albert de Harenne, mayor of Stoumont.
At present Froidcour Castle is privately owned and can not be visited.