Dasburg Castle lies in the village of the same name, next to the German-Luxembourg border in the Rhineland-Palatinate region in Germany.
Dasburg Castle was probably built during the 9th century by King Pippin. He donated the castle to the Abbey of Prüm who used it as a refuge. In the beginning of the 13th century it was still owned by the abbey but it was lend to the Counts of Vianden. These Counts used it to defend their castle at nearby Vianden. In 1414 the castle was transferred to the Counts of Nassau.
From 1580 until 1604 the castle was owned by King William of Spain. During the 17th and 18th century the castle was property of the Nassau of Orange family.
In 1813 the castle, which was in French hands at that moment, was sold at an auction by Marshal Nicolas-Charles Oudinot with the stipulation that it should be torn down. It has been a ruin ever since.
The castle is now used as a small village park and is freely accessible.