Brignac Castle, locally known as Château de Brignac, lies north west of the village of Saint-Guyomard in the Morbihan department in the Brittany region in France.
In the 15th century Brignac Castle was a half ruined manor of the ancestors of Pierre de Brignac. Pierre Brignac was a faithful follower of François II, Duke of Brittany, and his daughter Anne, who succeded him. After Pierre had stayed in Amboise or Blois he returned with a desire to revive Brignac Castle. He rebuilt the main building and added the round tower, which seems to doubt between concerns for defense and those for comfort, and a second main wing. In 1509 he also added the polygonal stair turret to the round tower.
In 1573, following the marriage of Marie de Brignac with Jean Papin, the castle went to the Papin family. In later centuries the castle changed hands between several families, the Kerguézec, Quistinic, Rosmadec and Talhouët. In the 19th century it went to the Count of Montgermont and in 1930 to the Countess of Neuchèze.
Brignac is private property. It can not be visited. Too bad, it must be a great house to live in.