Braine-le-Château Castle, locally known as Château de Braine-le-Château (Kasteelbrakel in Dutch) or Château de Robiano, lies in the town of the same name, in the province of Walloon Brabant in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Braine-le-Château Castle was built in the beginning of the 13th century by the Lords of Trazegnies.
In 1434 the castle was sold by Jacob van Abscoude to Jan van Horne, whose family were Lords of Horne and one of the richest families of the Low Countries. His descendant Frans van Horne rebuilt the west wing with its 2 imposing towers in 1615.
In 1670 Braine-le-Château Castle went, through marriage, to the Count von Thurn und Taxis. Around this time the east wing of the castle was burned down by the French troops of Louis XIV, under Henri de la Tour d'Auvergne, Viscount of Turenne. It was rebuilt in 1681.
In 1835 the Von Thurn und Taxis family sold the castle to Count Eugène Gaspard de Robiano. His descendants still live in the castle.
At present Braine Castle is private property and can not be visited.