Bleijenbeek Castle, locally known as Kasteel Bleijenbeek, lies near the village of Afferden, in the Limburg province in the Netherlands.
Bleijenbeek Castle was built around 1350 as a moated farm with a simple keep. A Van Mirlaer family resided there.
In 1405 the castle became property of a Wynant Schenck. During the 15th century the keep was replaced by a heavier square keep and the castle was enlarged by a residential hall, a curtain wall and two corner towers; a square and a round one. Also in the 16th century the castle was enlarged with another residential building and new moats.
In 1579 the castle was occupied by Maarten Schenck van Nydeggen. In 1589 it was severely damaged and plundered during a siege by the Spaniards.
During the 17th century the castle was radically altered. A lot of the medieval architectural details disappeared as it was rebuilt, reusing the old building material, as a stately mansion. It are mostly the remains of this building period we see today.
In 1872 the castle was a Jesuit convent and a chapel was built at the west side of the castle. In 1911 a fire struck the bailey. It burned down but was rebuilt shortly after. In 1917 the castle was property of a merchant from Rotterdam, W. Prins. He sold it to the Jurgens family from Nijmegen.
The castle was destroyed in 1945 when it was bombed. It was never rebuild and fell to ruin.
At present the ruin of Bleijenbeek Castle is being consolidated. It can be visited for a small fee.