Blanca Castle, locally known as Castillo de Blanca, lies on a hill above the town of Blanca in the province of Murcia in Spain.
Blanca Castle dates back to the 12th century and its construction is attributed to the Emir of the Taifa of Murcia, Abu ʿAbd Allāh Muḥammad ibn Mardanis, nicknamed "the Wolf King". From its location it dominated the village and controlled passage through the Ricote valley and was called Peña Negra. In the 13th century, due to the rebellion of Ibn Hud against the Almohads, it was enlarged.
Later during the 13th century Blanca Castle fell into Castillian hands and at the end of that century was ceded to the Order of Santiago. In 1448 the castle suffered from a siege.
During the 17th century, when the area was being repopulated with Christians, the castle lost its function and from then on slowly fell into decay which led to it being abandoned and becoming a ruin.
Blanca Castle was built out of tapia (rammed earth) on the spur of a mountain. Originally its towers would have been 12 meters high. It seems like it was restored in the last decade.
At present Blanca Castle is freely accessible. A nice castle ruin.