Bettingen Castle, locally known as Burg Bettingen, lies on a hill in the village with the same name, west of the city of Bitburg in the Rhineland-Palatinate region in Germany.
Bettingen Castle dates back to the 13th century. It was probably built by the nobles of Bettingen, who were related to the Lords of Falkenstein as a fortification with 4 round corner towers and a ring wall. It was the origin of the village that was built around it.
Through marriage it later went to the Counts of Manderscheid-Blankenheim. In 1794 it was demolished by the French after which it was used as a quarry by the villagers.
At present all that remains are two ruined parts. The site of the former castle is built over with houses. Not very spectacular.